XAT Exam Pattern: The exam appearing candidates must refer to the XAT 2021 Exam Pattern to understand the exam details. Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) regulates Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT), a national level entrance exam on behalf of the XAMI to provide admission into various management courses of XLRI and Xavier affiliated management schools. The XAT exam shall be conducted on 3rd January 2021. The entire information regarding the XAT 2021 Exam Pattern is enclosed in this article.
XAT Exam Pattern 2021
Comprehensive details regarding exam pattern are provided below:
- XAT 2021 exam shall be supervised via online mode.
- The exam shall be directed into two parts: Part 1 and Part 2.
- Objective and subjective type questions shall be asked.
- The exam duration is 3 hours (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- Part 1 is composed of four parts: Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation & General Knowledge. Part 1 consists of 72 questions to be completed in 170 minutes.
- Part 2 covers GK questions and 25 questions shall be asked that is to be answered in 35 minutes.
XAT Exam Pattern is disclosed below:
|Paper 1||Decision Making||21||170 minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||24|
|Quantitative Ability and|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||25||35 minutes|
XAT 2021 Marking Scheme
Each question carries the same mark. 1/4 mark shall be reduced for every wrong answer. A candidate can leave a maximum of 12 questions unanswered. Exceeding that shall be given a negative mark of 0.05 per unanswered question. So candidates are advised to choose the questions carefully they are planning to leave unanswered. Besides that, every wrong answer shall carry a negative mark of 0.25 mark.
Important Instructions Regarding XAT Exam
- XAT comprises two parts, i.e. Part-I and Part-II. Part-I contains 3 sections A, B, and C with 24, 21 and 27 questions respectively contributing to a total of 72 questions. Part-II contains 25 GK questions and an essay.
- A duration of 210 minutes is provided to answer both parts. Candidates have to complete part-I in 170 minutes and part-II in 35 minutes.
- GK sections shall not be taken into account for shortlisting candidates for GD/interview. It shall be considered for the final selection of candidates.
- A candidate can leave a maximum of 12 questions unanswered. Exceeding that shall be assigned a negative mark of 0.05 per unanswered question.
- Each question carries the same mark. 1/4 mark shall be reduced for every wrong answer
- Candidates are suggested to use the margin for rough work. A separate paper shall not be provided for rough work.
XAT 2021 Syllabus
XAT 2021 syllabus includes questions from the following sections- verbal and logical ability, essay writing, decision making, general knowledge, and etc. Few topics from the above sections are enlisted below:
- Quantitative Aptitude: Table, graphs, geometry, speed and distance, arithmetic, etc.
- General Knowledge: Awards, nation and states, business, politics, history, economics, etc.